The Other Service Provider or the OSP refers to those comPANies who provide application services such as those involving BPO/call centres, e-commerce, telebanking, telemedicine, education, and other IT-enabled services. These services are provided through telecom resources which are provided by the Authorized telecom service providers. Thus, by having an OSP license, one can provide these services and establish themselves as a renowned OSP service provider.
There are some factors which determine the type of OSP. These are:
- The number of employees an organisation has
- The network area on which the Company operates and where it provides services.
Types of OSP license
There are two types of OSP which exist, these are mentioned below:
- Domestic OSP- In this the Other Service Provider provides services within the national boundaries
- International OSP- In this category, the OSP aims to provide services at an international level
These are the documents which are required for the pROCess of getting the OSP License:
- The first and the foremost document required is the Certificate of Incorporation of the Company.
- The MOA and AOA or the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association. MOA is a document that specifies the objective of the Company. Talking of the AOA, it is a document which lays the general rules and regulations of the firm along with the restrictions.
- A board resolution is also required which authorises the signatory and is done by the power of attorney.
- A note of business or a pretty comprehensive document is required which mentions that the firm is an OSP or Other Service providers.
- Fill the details in FORM 1, which is the primary document, correctly.
- An official network diagram is also required, which is later on submitted to the VTM Cell for the verification pROCess.
Other than these, the list of Directors and the list of Shareholders of the firm is also required.
Registration PROCess for OSP
Before you can start an OSP Center, you have to register your Company as an OSP. This is to ensure that you have a proper foundation from which you can operate. Thus, talking of the registration pROCess, it is as mentioned below:
- In order to set up an OSP, you need to submit the FORM 1 and the documents which are mandatory to the concerned authorities.
- Then apply for the OSP registration pROCess either via Online or Offline along with the fees associated.
- The application has to be submitted to the Department of Telecommunication.
- Then after a thorough examination, you would get your License within 45 to 60 working days.