About Professional tax Registration
Professional tax is a tax which has been imposed by the State government on all salaried individuals is applicable for all those who work in firms. These include chartered accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc. and includes all those who are given salaries. Under Article 276, Clause 2 of the Indian Constitution, which covers the provision concerning professional tax in the country, all traders and professionals in India who work in any private firm of India have to pay this tax.
Tax rates for different states
Though the maximum amount of tax which can be levied as a Professional Tax is limited to just a maximum of Rs. 2500 per annum, but not more than that. The tax rates for different states all across India are different and would always be distinct for distinct states such as those of West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Gujarat.
Documents Required for professional tax registration,
Even though there are some of the exceptions These are the following documents which are required for the professional tax registration
- Address Proof of Establishment of the firm
- PAN details of the owner or owners.
- Residence proof of the owner i.e. the proprietor, partner, Directors, or anyone who so ever has a firm
- Passport size photographs of the owners of the firm.
- Salary Details of the employees.
For all employers, Professional Tax registration is mandatory and has to be filed within a months time after filling the FORM 1. For Professional registration, FORM 2 is used for those other than the employer. The pROCess of professional tax registration can be done online for it is quite easy. The various pROCesses which are required to be followed are as follows:
- Professional Tax registration application enrolment and its e-payment
- Printing the enrollment Application
- Issuance of the Enrolment certificate
- Issuance of the Enrolment acknowledgement
- Professional Tax return e-filing
One thing which has to be kept in mind is that the frequency with which one needs to file returns is totally dependent on the residence state of the person. So, it is important for everyone to know the rules of the state in which they reside.