A Public Limited Company is one such Company which offers its shares to the general public under the Company Act 2013. It has limited liabilities and thee stock of this Company can be acquired by any of the following:
- Privately through Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Can be acquired by trades or the stock market
If you register a Public Limited Company, then it is to be strictly regulated and has to publish the real financial health towards the shareholders of the firm.
Documents required for the Public Limited Company registration pROCess,
For the public limited Company registration pROCess, the following documents have to be furnished. These are mentioned as follows:
- The identity proof of all the shareholders and the directors
- Address Proof of the directors and the shareholders of the firm
- PAN details including the PAN number of the shareholders and directors
- The proposed registered office for the Company has to be mentioned in the Utility Bill of the proposed office.
- The place where the Company would be situated has to have a NOC or No Objection Certificate from the landlord
- The DIN or the Director Identification Number of all the directors has to be provided.
- The Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of the directors has to be provided
- A Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- The Articles of association or the AOA has to be furnished.
How to register a public limited Company
If you want to register a Public Limited Company in India, there are some of the guidelines which one has to abide by under the ComPANies Act of 2013. These are the pROCess and the guidelines which one has to keep in mind.
- There have to be a minimum of 7 shareholders to form a public limited Company
- There have to be at least 3 directors in the formation of a public limited Company.
- There is a need for a minimum of Rs. 5 lacs of the share capital.
- The Directors who have been proposed, need to submit the Digital signature certificate (DSC) along with the self-attested copies of identity and address proof, thereafter which they will receive the DIN or Director Identification Number.
- The Company name has to selected after filing the application.
- An application which would comprise the main objective of what the Company would take up after the incorporation.
- The application has then to be submitted along with documents such as MOA, AOA, duly filled Form DIR – 12, Form INC – 7 and Form INC – 22 to the ROC.
- The Public Limited Company registration fees have to be submitted.
- The next step is getting ‘certificate of business commencement’ after getting approval from the ROC.