Legal means


The system for court docket marriage is governed by the 'Special Marriage Act, 1954' and is not unusual throughout the kingdom. Court marriage can be solemnised among two events (belonging to the equal or unique countries) irrespective of their caste, religion or race. The fascinated events can directly observe to the Marriage Registrar with a view to get marriage certificate.


PROCedure for courtroom marriage:


Step 1: File a 'Notice of Intended Marriage' in the exact shape to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which as a minimum one of the events to the marriage has resided for a period of now not less than 30 days at once preceding the date on which such notice is given.


Step 2: The observe is then published/positioned-up by way of the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.


Step 3: After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which be aware of intended marriage has been published, the wedding may be solemnized except it has been objected by using any person.


Step 4: The marriage may be solemnised at the required marriage workplace.


Step 5: Both events together with three witnesses are required to be gift on the date of registration/solemnisation.


Notice of supposed marriage:


Documents required:

  • Application form (observe within the form exact) duly filled and signed with the aid of the bride and the groom
  • Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (matriculation certificate/ passport/ delivery certificate)
  • Receipt of expenses paid with recognize to the application shape in the District Court
  • Documentary proof regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or document from the concerned Station House Officer).




Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving- date of beginning, present marital status (single/widower/ divorcee).


Affirmation that the parties aren't associated with every different inside the degree of prohibited dating described inside the Special Marriage Act.


Passport length pictures of each events (2 copies every) duly attested by using a gazetted officer.


Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and loss of life certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower


Documents required in case of foreign national:

  • A copy of passport and visa
  • A certificate of NOC or marital status certificates from the concerned embassy
  • One of the parties ought to produce documentary evidence regarding live in India for 30 or greater days (evidence of house or file from the involved SHO)

Get the Best Price For Your Service

Select State

Select Ratings

Search By Name/Location


Get an instant best price for your services